Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Still Can't Get Into Classes. Fuck UCSC.

So after a 12 hour day on Tuesday of attending my enrolled classes and classes that I wished to crash (with a high spot on the wait list), I have gotten nowhere.

My ideal class schedule was Feminist Studies: African American Women, ENVS: Wetland/Freshwater Ecology, ENVS: World Environmental History.

I was lucky to enroll in African American Women but not so lucky with the other two although if I keep going to Wetland Ecology there is a slight chance I might get in.

For now I am enrolled in History: Gender, Sexuality, and Colonialism and Sociology: Feminisms. They are both interesting classes although one is at 8 AM on Tuesdays and Thursdays and the other is at 7PM on Monday and Wednesdays. Shitty times to have class! That isn't really my main complaint. It's just that I am already enrolled in African American Women and don't want to have 3 classes the whole quarter that revolve around a similar subject.

I am definately keeping the African American women class and the Gender, Sexuality, and Colonialism class but it is possible I might drop the Sociology/Feminisms class. I e-mailed Chris from the Natural History museum on campus to see if I can do a 5 unit independent study (I did a 2 unit one last spring with Tanya Haff, who is half way across the world now, and worked with Fungi which was rad!). Hopefully I can do it considering I know a lot of people had already contacted him this quarter about volunteering there. If not, I will have to do a shit ton of reading on feminism the whole quarter.

Thank you for fucking me and the ENVS department over once again UCSC. Assholes.

Time to eat pasta and listen to back house jams.

Goodnight.

1 comment:

SLimbo said...

"Feminist Studies: African American Women, ENVS: Wetland/Freshwater Ecology, ENVS: World Environmental History."

Yeah, a great fucking career your gonna have. Stupid fucking hippy.